Skip to content
- Trust people. Be prepared for them to make mistakes, and be there to help them fix things.
- Allow new situations time to mature and clarify before taking action. Don’t make any decisions until you have to.
- The majority of your work will take place in meetings, and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as the meetings are valuable.
- Don’t bring surprises to the meeting.
- A shortcoming in someone could be a strength if applied properly.
- Do not start new fires simply because you are used to fighting fires.
- Be compassionate, but hold others accountable for their work.
- Humor doesn’t work as well as you think it does. It generally just causes confusion.