Happy Friday, folks. Just some random thoughts before I disappear into reading books and bingewatching The Umbrella Academy over the weekend.
- If you are looking for a gender neutral way to replace addressing a group of people as “good morning, guys,” you should know that “sinners” fits the bill and sets the tone.
- You know how there is Florida Man out there? “Florida Man wrestles shark,” or “Florida Man Leaps From Taco Bell Roof During Drunken Diatribe” would be good examples Florida Man behaviors. The Ohio version of this is “Man in Black Pickup Truck.” As in “Man in Black Pickup Truck Flies Confederate Flag At BLM Rally” or “Man in Black Pickup Truck Blows Bast Everyone Doing 60 in a 35.” Assmunches, all of them.
- I can heartily recommend ignoring the news for your own sanity. I am here to tell you that two weeks off of news sites and most of Facebook is good for the soul.
- The double album Mad Dogs and Englishmen by Joe Cocker is exactly what you need right now. Go listen to the whole thing.
- Vinyl really does sound better than MP3s. Come at me bro.
- My beard is now long enough to braid, but that doesn’t mean I’m actually going to do that.
- The best ham I have ever tasted is from Father’s Ham in Kentucky. They use real hickory smoke on all their meats, and my house smells amazing after making some their bacon.