Good morning! Here is a grab bag of what’s on my mind:
- It’s been nearly 18 years since podcasting started and I’ve been reflecting on how being involved with those early days shaped the rest of my life. I made most of my best friends through that medium: many of us felt lome we found our people, our tribe. I am immensely grateful for those days, those friends. I’m grateful for the ones I still talk to regularly and I miss a number of those folks I lost touch with. Hopefully, I’ll be able to reconnect with some them this summer.
- I’ve joined a game of Ironsworn: Starforged with my friends David, Natalie, Jason, and David. It looks like a neat system, allowing for GM’d play, co-op play, and solo play. I look forward to digging into it.
- I’ve been working on a home linux server for media files and personal documents. Hooboy. There is probably a post for that alone in the future. It has been…educational. But I now have a home VPN configured and a Plex server running. Next up: Nextcloud.
- Quick plug for a friends new project: Stuff Keeps Happening is Endeavorance’s new daily news project, and I gotta say, it makes me smile. Give it a shot. The world still feels like it is burning…I’ll take any opportunity to smile.
- I’ve been streaming my game of Cyberpunk 2077 on my Twitch channel.. I usually play on Friday evenings.
- I finished reading The Worst Is Yet To Come: A Post-Capitalist Survival Guide by Peter Fleming. Good book, somewhat prescient. Worrying, but I have no idea what to DO about the state of things. He introduces the concept of radical hopelessness, which I am still trying to wrap my head around. Not sure I agree with all of his fatalism, but it is a sober predictor of that is to come.
- Eat the rich. These billionaires have to go.
That’s all for now. Let’s be careful out there.